- It is advisable to apply for a Cyprus Visa at VFS at least 10 working days prior to your planned journey to Cyprus. Usually, the minimum issuance time of a Visa, assuming all required documents are provided, is 7 working days.
- Possession of airline tickets and/or hotel reservations does not guarantee the granting of a Visa.
- VFS shall not accept any applications unless all required documentation is provided.
- Applications will not be considered unless all required documentation is provided.
Visa application form. Fully completed in English, with correct information and signed by the applicant at the end. Note: For Minors (under the age of 18) both parents must sign the application form.
Two recent passport sized photos. Taken within the last three months. Note: Passport size with white or plain light color background, frontal view (3, 5 x 4, 5 cm); Photos of children when children are included on parents’ passports. passport.
A copy of Valid Passport (or Travel Document). With a minimum validity of three (3) months beyond the planned stay in Cyprus. In case of new passports, the old passport is also required. In case of holding a foreign passport, a Residence Permit with a validity exceeding six months after your scheduled return.
Evidence of Employment Status.
- Employment letter in English and/or employment contract showing the monthly salary.
- Employer’s business license/certificate of registration in the Chamber of Commerce, Lebanon.
- A copy of the business license/certificate of registration in the Chamber of Commerce.
- Company’s/ Business’s Original Stamped Bank Account Statement for the last 3 months with present balance.
Proof of Accommodation.
Evidence that shows where the applicant will be staying throughout his/her time in Cyprus. This could be:
- Hotel Reservation. For the entire stay in Cyprus.
- Assumption of Responsibility for Hosting stamped from Cyprus Municipality or Mayor with host passport copy, visa or residency: In case the applicant will not reside at a hotel but will be accommodated by friends, family etc. The Assumption of Responsibility for Hosting letter can be found at www.mfa.gov.cy/embassybeirut
Note: An Original Stamped Bank Account Statement from the applicant for the last 3 months with present balance is still required for this case.
- If applicant has a valid, double and / or multiple entries Schengen visa on his/ her passport, he/she can enter Cyprus without a visa. Please note that no visa is required even if the Schengen Visa is not previously used to enter the country of issue).
- Holders of residence permit of any EU member state do not need a visa.
- UN international staff whose PASSPORT OR LAISSEZ PASSER has been issued either in New York or Geneva, MAY TRAVEL to Cyprus without a visa.
- Gratis visa fees: – Applicants married to EU citizens do not pay visa fees. Only service fees will be charged. – Children of CY citizens under the age of 21 do not pay visa fees. Only service fees will be charged – Children of EU citizens under the age of 21 do not pay visa fees. Only service fees will be charged. -Russian Citizens. Remarks Declaration I have been informed that an application without a complete set of documentation according to above mentioned checklist m ay result to the rejection of m y visa application. The Embassy of Cyprus reserves the right to ask for an additional supporting document and does not guarantee the issue of visa.
Applicants Signature: ______________________________
Permanent citizenship in Cyprus
Cyprus Permanent Residency is a legal status that allows non-EU nationals and their qualified dependents to enter and remain in Cyprus as permanent residents with no restrictions. Since it does not expire, the holder is not required to renew it.
Permanent Residency Types:
Permanent residency by investment
- Permanent citizenship is possible by investment.
- Investors who purchase property in Cyprus and have adequate income from abroad are eligible for “Cyprus citizenship by purchasing a property” permits.
- You can gain Category 6.2 (Fast Track Permanent Residency) by investing at least €300.000 (plus VAT) in a brand-new house or apartment in Cyprus.
Permanent Residency Category F includes a €100.000 (plus VAT) real estate investment and an annual income from abroad that covers living expenses while residing in Cyprus without working or conducting business. The minimum annual income for one applicant is €9568, plus €4613 for each dependent person.
Residency with the right to work
This type of permits is for owners and employees of companies of foreign interests:
- Category C: Investors who work for their own company provided they bring from abroad a capital of about €260,000 which will be used for their company activities in Cyprus.
- Category E: Persons who have been offered permanent employment.
Other types of permanent residency in Cyprus
After 5 years of residency, you will be granted permanent residence. Non-EU citizens who had lived in Cyprus lawfully and continuously for five years prior to filing the application and had a valid Cyprus temporary residence card for the same time are qualified to apply for the so-called long-term residence permit.
EU people may apply for permanent residency. The European Union may apply for this form of residency. Investors in the Cyprus Investment Programme are eligible for permanent residency. Applicants for the Cyprus Investment Program are entitled to a Cyprus PR within five days of submitting their application.
In return for a two-million-euro contribution and a €150.000 donation, the CIP grants a Cypriot citizenship to an investor and his family (wife and children up to the age of 28).
Permanent Residency by marriage to Cypriot
Applicants married to a Cypriot citizen, their minor children from a previous marriage, as well as the Cypriot citizen’s parents or parents-in-law, are eligible to apply for a residency permit with an indefinite term.
Procedure for receiving a PR that is speeded up
Requirements for permanent residency. For €300.000, you can buy a house in Cyprus.
The investor must purchase a new house or apartment, or any of the variations mentioned below, for a minimum of €300.000 plus VAT from a construction company (VAT is 19 percent or 5 percent for the first property bought for own use).
To apply, the investor must register his sales agreement with the Land Registry and pay a minimum of €200.000 plus VAT. Payment must be made to the seller’s bank account in Cyprus, and the funds must be transferred from abroad.
It makes no difference when the property is delivered; thus, properties that are still under construction can be included.
The investor can purchase up to two properties (from the same developer) as long as the total sales price is as stated above and includes any of the following combinations:
- Two residential buildings (houses or apartments)
- A store and a residential property (up to 100 sq.m)
- Office and residential land (up to 250 sq.m)
If the owner wants to sell the land, he must replace it with one of equal or greater value and adhere to all of the above conditions.
The investor and his or her partner must demonstrate a minimum annual income from abroad of €30.000, which is increased by €5.000 for each dependent (spouse and children). It has now been raised by €8.000 for each dependent parent or parent-in-law, and they will now apply for and receive a permanent residence permit if they meet the requirements.
It can be any type of money, such as wages, pensions, dividends, fixed deposits, leases, and so on.
Cyprus bank account
The investor must move €30.000 from his foreign bank account to his Cypriot bank account, which will be pledged for three years.
Members of the family
The spouse and children under the age of 18 are covered by the Permanent Residency permit.
Children between the ages of 18 and 25 are also eligible to apply if they meet the following criteria:
- Financially reliant on the investor
- University students studying abroad who have at least six months left to complete their studies as of the application deadline.
- Each applicant must show an additional annual income of €5,000.
The PR is held by the children for the rest of their lives, even if they reach the age of 25 or do not continue to meet the requirements (unmarried, financially dependent, students).
Their future spouse or kid, on the other hand, cannot be added as dependents on their PR. Children who wish to study at the University of Cyprus must apply for a student’s temporary residence permit. They will be eligible to apply for PR after they have completed their studies, regardless of their age, on the condition that they have an additional annual income of €5000.
Parents and in-law parents
Investor’s parents and in-laws are also eligible for PR without having to purchase additional land. The only condition is that each such parent have an additional annual income of €8.000. In addition, you must submit the application documents mentioned below.
Applicants must also meet the following requirements:
- Provide proof of a clean criminal record in their home country.
- Should not be regarded as a threat to Cyprus’ public order or stability.
Permanent Residency in Cyprus Category F
To be eligible for this type of permit, the applicant mainly needs to show:
- Property purchase
It is flexible and does not have a strict requirement of property purchase. However, it is recommended to buy a property in Cyprus of any amount. It can even be a resale property. The money for the purchase does not need to be transferred from abroad.
- Annual earnings
A yearly income of at least €9568 for one applicant plus €4613 for each dependent individual is needed. This income must come from outside the United States and can come in the form of wages, pensions, stock options, or rentals.
- Deposit in a Cyprus bank
The applicant can deposit a sum of approximately €15.000 to €20.000 in his bank account in Cyprus, which is not pledged and can be used after the application is submitted.
- Family members
As a dependent, only children under the age of 18 will apply, and their permanent residency will be valid until they turn 18. The applicants’ parents are not eligible to apply as dependents.
Permanent residency program conditions and restrictions
- The holder must visit Cyprus once every two years or the residency permit will be automatically revoked.
- The holders are prohibited from working in Cyprus. They can, however, be shareholders in a Cypriot company that does business in Cyprus or abroad and earn dividends from it.
- Since the Cypriot permanent resident permit is only for Cyprus, it does not grant visa-free travel to any other countries or European Union member states.
Only Category F
- Processing time is around 18 months
- The applicant’s children will lose it until they reach the age of 18.
How to Obtain a Visa to Remain in Cyprus permanently
The applicant must submit the following documents in order to receive a permanent residency permit in Cyprus:
- Copy of the applicant’s, spouse’s, and children’s valid passports
- Curriculum Vitae for the applicant
- Marriage Certificate properly approved (official and certified translation)
- Certified birth certificates for children (official and certified translation)
- An official and authorized translation of the original criminal record certificate (issued by the country of residence).
- Original letter from a bank in Cyprus (deposit of €30.000, guaranteed for three years)
- Title of possession or contract of sale of property in Cyprus
- Bank Swift for payment of the purchase price & receipts of payment – Accelerated Category 6.2 OR a bank statement with a balance between €15.000 and €20.000 – Category F
Please notice that criminal record records, marriage certificates, and children’s birth certificates must all be translated into English and approved by the country’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs (or Embassy). Also, the embassy of Cyprus in that country, or the APOSTILLE stamp.
Procedure for submitting an application
The application for permanent residency can be submitted by the investor’s counsel, who is not required to be present at the time of submission. These applications are only available at Nicosia’s Civil Registry and Migration Department, not at the city’s district immigration units.
After submitting the application, the applicants must have a photo and their fingertips so that residency cards can be issued after approval. This can be done at any migration district unit in any city at any time before the final approval. The lawyer will receive the PR cards once they have been approved.
Time required for processing
In around two months, you can get a fast-track Cyprus citizenship by investing. The lawyer will collect the cards on behalf of the investors after receiving consent.
The time it would take to examine a permanent residency application under category F is expected to be 18 months.
Cyprus government fees
The fast-track permanent residency program costs €300.000, which does not include the following costs:
|Applicant / applicants’ spouse / children under 18||€500 for all
€70 for each person for registration
|Adult children & parents (each)||€500
€70 for registration
The fees are the same for Category F permits.
- Permanent residency in Cyprus is permanent, and the entire family, including parents, can apply for a residence permit.
- A permanent resident of Cyprus who has lived in the country for five years (a total of 1825 days) is eligible to apply for citizenship. This is the naturalization scheme that is dependent on the number of years spent in the country (M127).
- PR holders will be able to apply to become Cyprus Tax residents, with the advantage of being excluded from worldwide dividend and passive interest taxes, as well as profit from the sale of securities.
- PR holders benefit from the newly developed General Healthcare system and are entitled to free healthcare.
- PR Category F is a versatile process that enables the holder to obtain permanent residency in a European country at a low cost.
Any of the above permanent residency applications can be advised and prepared by our team of immigration lawyers in Limassol, Cyprus. We will assist you during the entire process, from the initial property purchase to document guidance, planning and submission of immigration permit applications, and the selection of PR cards.
- Advise, guide and supervise any planning or building related application.
- Composing and managing technical team of consultants to prepare applications for licensing.